Monday 11 March 2013

Tapering...? oppsies

I've avoided posting since the training peak update. Partly because i've had nothing much to report on due to tapering... mostly cause updating my blog reminds me of the impending race that i'm feeling increasingly anxious about!

My taper started the week after the peak run (3 weeks prior to race), where I only put in 15km of running! Last week my total wasn't much higher - 22km. But with this week including the race and topping out at 80km again I'm very happy i've had 2 low mileage weeks.

Although my body is starting to get jittery with all the built up energy and i just ran first run of race week WAY TOO FAST! I had planned for it to be a bit fast... was aiming for 5.45min/km. Ran 6.3km in 33.38 - so actually 5.21min/kms! I feel ok but need to make sure i foster good recovery for the rest of the day.

My week's plan looks like this;

Monday: Swam 1.5km, Centergy class
Tuesday: Ran 6.5km speed work
Wednesday: Run 7-8km very easy, centergy class
Thursday: REST
Friday: Run very easy 5km
Saturday: Race - 60km

I'll post the race plan later today... and some ideas for the next adventures, including a PB 1/2 and my first every official marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment